Saturday 30 April 2016

The Malvarosa

This fabric has been in my stash for a while now and I was beginning to think that it was a mistake. After I bought the Malvorosa pattern by Pauline Alice, I thought that I'd use the fabric so that if it was a total disaster I wouldn't be too sad!

But it turns out I love it!

I love the front pocket detail and the shape of the sleeves which are all part of the dress...so no sleeves to insert!

The dress has a relaxed fit which meant that there were no fitting issues to deal with and best of all you just pull it on so there's no need to insert an invisible zip! It's a fantastic dress for a beginner or for a quick sew at the weekend!

The instructions were easy to follow, the only part which wasn't quite right were the instructions for finishing off the insides which would be great if you were zip-zag stitching on a machine but aren't in the correct order for using a serger.
I'm planning on making another but hacking the pattern slightly to create a dipped hem at the back then line the peplum detail with a flash of colour to add a bit of drama.

Happy stitching x

2 comments:

  1. Looks really cute on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine. I really love this dress and I already planning more!

      Delete