Wednesday 24 August 2016

Inari the incredible

Named clothing called this dress Inari which is a Japanese name meaning successful and I have to say that this dress is more than aptly named! I actually made it a few months ago bit it's spent most of its time either on my back or in the wash basket.

Whilst the end product is indeed successful, there was a bit of a journey to get there! A few months ago I bought a metre of gorgeous silk from Walthamstow market. I thought that I might be able to squeeze the Inari out of a metre and after tryin more than a few layouts I managed to squeeze it on. Triumphantly, I strutted upstairs to iron the fabric. After ironing I began cutting out only to realise that I had started using a layout which didn't work. I was fuming with myself. I was desperate for more of the fabric so I jumped on a train to the market but sadly they has sold out. I reluctantly settled for this piece of blue rayon instead. Luckily, I'm pleased with the dress which has got lots of wear and I have a growing love for the fabric!

The dress was a very quick sew with impeccably written instructions. It has a relaxed, baggy fit which made fitting very easy, I only took it in slightly a the bust.

Despite appearing very plain it has some beautiful details such as the dropped split hem and a cuff on the arms.

I have also since made a silk version which I wore to my friends wedding...
I hope you avoid any disasters similar to mine! Happy stitching x

No comments:

Post a Comment