Monday 8 August 2016

Evie La Luve Rosie

I'm currently a very lucky lady as it's the summer holidays! Because of this, I have been sewing up a storm which made me want to try a new skill. I turned to my underwear pattern stash and choose the Evie La Luve Rosie pattern.

The language and seemingly endless list of supplies has always put me off sewing underwear but over time I have managed to pick up most supplies (apart from the strap elastic). I bought no new fabric, using all scraps from left over projects. Bra making is brilliant for using up jersey scraps. Because of this, the lining is rather an unusual colour for the bra!

The instructions were fabulously straightforward and I only came unstuck when trying to create the straps. However, after reading them out loud to a friend they became much clearer. I would definitely recommend the pattern for any bra beginners like myself.

There was something so gloriously satisfying about the whole project. With each step it seemed to change so much and develop as an item.

I love the back detail to this bra, with the straps coming out from the hook and eye.

The rather random mix of colours means that I have some funky thread on show on the inside but as it's my first bra it doesn't bother me too much.
Fit wise, it's pretty good. I made a novice error when cutting the elastic for the bottom band and didn't cut it small enough to provide a huge amount of support. So this is definitely something to bear in mind when making the next one. But it's beautifully comfortable to wear and it's so nice not to have under wiring digging into your ribs.

I'm keen to continue to develop my skills and sew another, are there any bra patterns you recommend?

Happy stitching x

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty!
    My favourite bra pattern is Jalie 3131 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Ohhh, I will have to check it out. x

    ReplyDelete