Saturday 6 February 2016

A little bit of sofa chic?

This was one of my UFOs I blogged about just after Christmas. I have been steadily trying to work my way through them!

I think that one of the reasons I took so long to finish it was because I have reservations about the fabric. It kind of reminds me of a sofa I had as a child...

Whilst I love the style of the skirt the fabric still hasn't necessarily grown on me...I'm just so undecided about this one!
I made the skirt using the Sew Over It Betty dress pattern and drafted a waist band to go with it. The skirt took just over a metre and a half of fabric which I bought from a local market. It's quite drapey yet is also of a medium weight which works nicely as a wintery full circle skirt.
Full circle skirts have to be my ultimate favourite style. I love how the fabric moves...
Perhaps if I wear it a few times the fabric will grow on me.

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it looks sofa-y at all. Aren't large-scale florals supposed to be very in now anyways?

    ReplyDelete