Sunday 29 November 2015

Deer and Doe Anemone

I am quickly becoming a HUGE fan of Deer and Doe patterns! They are always truly beautiful inside and out! I made the Anemone in a stretch twill which I bought from Goldhawk road and it's lined in blue cotton. I cut it out of one and a half metres easily even when I was attempting to match the horizontal lines of the pattern. I was convinced that I wanted to make a patterned Anemone but maybe the peplum detail would have stood out more if I had made it plain.
The pattern was beautifully easy to sew. Because there were so many parts to the skirt I found it useful to write the name on each with a washable pen so I didn't get confused. The instructions were easy to follow and unlike many of the things I have made it was completely stress free!
Because of the curve which runs through each pattern piece I wasn't able to pattern match completely but it definitely could have been much better than it is. Pattern matching is a skill I really need to work on. If you have any tips that would be brilliant!
it could have done with being taken in slightly on the waist. I hadn't anticipated it sitting quite as high as it does so when fitting I didn't fit it to the correct place on my waist.
I'm completely in love with the peplum detail!
The lining makes the skirt feel absolutely gorgeous to wear. I love it when an item of clothing is beautiful both inside and out, it makes it feel so special.

2 comments: