Sunday 4 October 2015

Gifts from afar...

At the moment my brother works out in Doha in Qatar and last week my parents went out to visit him with a stint in Dubai. Whilst out there my mum decided to head for the souks, which are known for having some lovely high quality silks. Luckily for me, she didn't forget me and bought a couple of gems back for my stash!
The mink coloured fabric seems to be a silk dupion and can definitely hold it's shape. It was bought from a souk in Dubai. I have two metres and was thinking of making a full skirt or perhaps a dress? Do you have any suggestions for a pattern you have sewn using silk dupion?
I'm not sure what the other fabric is, but it's reversible which I think it very exciting. I can't even decide what side to use! Again, I have two metres of this but it's much more drapey that the silk dupion. I was thinking of a cami of some sort. Maybe even one with detailing so I could use both sides. If you have any pattern suggestions they would be greatly welcomed!
Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky girl -what a thoughtful mom you have! Love the fabrics, I would have to ponder long time to decide what to use those treasures for. So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exactly the same Randi...in fact I'm still pondering!!

    ReplyDelete