Thursday 17 September 2015

My dear, dear, Deer and Doe

I came across a beautiful piece of Liberty Tana Lawn Pauly Parrot whilst trawling on ebay. It was a steal at £10 a metre. I thought that it would be the perfect match for the Deer and Doe Datura. The Datura is a loose fitting blouse with a buttoned lower back. There are two options, either a triangular cut out neckline or a Peter Pan collar. I choose the Peter Pan collar!
I'm pleased with the outcome of the top. It's very comfortable and easy to wear. I think that if I team it with a cardigan I'll just about get away with wearing it in the winter too.
The instructions were very clear and easy to follow. I made a 10 in the top, which is slightly larger that I would usually make but I'm happy with the fit. Whilst sewing the only difficulties I had were joining the sleeves together at the top, which took me a couple of attempts to get a good finish. The top is lined which makes it beautiful both inside and out. Deer and Doe recommended finishing the hem with bias binding, which gave the curved hem a truly stunning finish. I used faux pearl buttons at the back, which I think look really delicate and suit the fabric well.
I ended up cutting the Peter Pan collar three times to pattern match it to the top! But, I'm pleased with how it looks and think that it was worth the effort.
The third member of my little family, Ruby the schnauzer, was feeling rather playful whilst we were taking pictures and I couldn't resist introducing her to you!
Happy sewing everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment