Sunday 10 July 2016

Another Camber...I think I'm addicted...

It's yet another Merchant and Mills Camber. I know, I know I already have two but they're just so gorgeously easy to wear (and make)!
I was seduced by this fabric while at Walthamstow market. It reminds me of a fabric used by Kate Spade in her summer collection this year. However, as you can see, it creases really easily! The fabric is beautifully drapey and has lots of movement for such a straight shaped dress. I squeezed the dress out of a mere metre. I have passed the remaining metre onto my friend who's planning a grainline lark in it.
Because I have made the dress before, I made the same alteration to the darts (elongagting them by about 5cm) and shortened the dress quite substantially. I'm pleased with the fit of the dress, I affectionately call these dresses 'beautiful sacks'! Baggy but still with style.
I finished the sleeves and hem with bias binding. Purely because I find this method both pretty and easy.
I hate to think how many times this dress has been worn already. Perhaps I need another drapey Camber...

Happy stitching x

No comments:

Post a Comment