Saturday 4 June 2016

Malvorosa take two...

I loved by original Malvorosa but I bought it with a hack in mind. I wanted to use it to recreate a dress similar to the one below...
I wasn't able to get my hands a green fabric but I did find a similar black drapey fabric at Walthamstow Market. Whilst it's not as close as I would like it to be, I'm pleased with the dress.
I played around with the skirt pattern, using a pattern master to draw a new curve. I started the curve from the side seams but I should have definitely started it from the front and graduated it in more. I think that this would have showed the back detail off more. The skirt is lined in a bright pink drapey fabric.
The new curve of the skirt creates a pretty shape for the side and back of the dress.
I decided to keep the sleeve the same as the Malvorosa as it's one of my favoutite features of the pattern.
Overall I'm pleased with the hack but if I decide to make another, I would definitely continue to play around with the shape of the skirt.

Happy stitching x

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! So pretty on you, but then you always look like a model in whatever you wear! I love the pink contrast of the skirt lining! And, that sleeve shape! So chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Randi. I love the sleeve shape too, it's such a nice pattern to use.

      Delete